Facebook Pixel Code

Your Guide To Student Success at Mt. SAC

(A) The 8 Easy Steps to Enroll

  1. Complete and submit a Mt. SAC Admission Application online at www.mtsac.edu (preferred method) or in person at Admissions. Claim your account. Activate your student account at https://inside.mtsac.edu using your assigned username.
  2. Apply for Financial Aid. Visit the Financial Aid Office or call (909) 594-5611 ext. 4450. You can also go to www.mtsac.edu/financialaid.
  3. Attend assessment test information sessions. Go to the Assessment Center or call (909) 594-5611 ext. 4265.
  4. Make an appointment for the required English, reading, and/or math placement tests. Go to the Assessment Center or call (909) 594-5611 ext. 4265.
  5. Make an appointment for the mandatory New Student Orientation. Go to the Counseling Office or call (909) 594-5611 ext. 4380.
  6. Meet with Counseling to get an Education Plan
  7. Register for classes online. Register based on your assigned registration date/time found in your Mt. SAC Portal.
  8. Pay your fees online with a credit card or in person at the Bursar’s Office Bldg. 9A.

(B) Start Classes!

After you pay your fees:

  • Get student ID at the Bookstore( Sac Book Rac), Bldg. 9A, Ext. 4475
  • Purchase a parking permit online Student Portal, Student Tab Number 31 or at the Busrar's Office Bldg. 4 lower level, Ext. 4960.
    Bus passes may be purchased at the Bookstore,(Sac Book Rac) Bldg 9A, Ext. 4475
  • Print your class schedule. Pay attention to important dates such as adding, dropping, and refunds.
  • During the first 2 weeks of the semester, arrive at school 1 hour prior to class to find parking and classrooms.
  • Buy your textbooks.
  • Check your Mt. SAC Portal regularly for personal announcements and emails.
  • Go to class and meet your professor.
  • Attend the first class to ensure your seat. If you miss the first class session, you may be dropped.
  • Review the class schedule for important dates.

(C) Get Support!

Get Support

(D) Graduate / Transfer!

  • Meet with a counselor/advisor to develop an educational plan.
  • Meet with a counselor/advisor to perform a “grad check.”
  • File a graduation petition form with Admissions & Records.

(E) Directory of Services

Phone Directory and Locations



This guide is sponsored by a U.S. Department of Education Title V Hispanic Serving Institutions Grant